Here at Allianz UK, everyone brings their own expertise and enthusiasm to work, to enable customers to make the right insurance decisions to meet their needs.
We’re passionate about helping our customers and employees move on and up in life and business.
We nurture and invest in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with us. There’s a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential and we provide an award-winning range of training, recognised in 2015 by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold level accreditation. Other prestigious industry awards we have won include General Insurer of the Decade at the British Insurance Awards 2014.
Allianz Insurance is currently recruiting for a driven and influential leader to work as our Head of IT Strategy. This position will sit in the Strategy and Architecture Team working alongside the Head of IT Architecture and reporting to the Head of Strategy and Architecture.
As the Head of IT Strategy you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the IT strategy, ensuring that the future plans and capabilities delivered by the IT teams align with the requirements of the organisation.
This is a new position within the company so the successful candidate will have the freedom to shape the role as they see fit. Currently Allianz UK provide a significant contribution to the direction of the Allianz Group strategy and it is expected that this role will further enhance this relationship.
You will also ensure that the IT strategy is financially and commercially viable, and support the Enterprise Architecture and Solution Delivery functions in delivering value for money.
Your duties will include:
• Collaborating with the Head of Architecture, the Enterprise and Portfolio Architects and the Solution Delivery teams
• Working with various stakeholders including Business Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Solution Delivery and the broader organisation to develop, shape and maintain the overall IT Strategy in support of the organisational objectives and requirements
• Actively communicating the IT strategy, its rationale and justification, within the department, across the organisation and in particular with the Senior Stakeholder groups including Allianz Group and Allianz Management Operations and Services (AMOS)
• Supporting the Architectural Governance process to ensure solutions that are delivered are in line with strategic objectives
• Ensuring all regulatory and compliance requirements are adhered to
• Challenging the existing shape or approach of the IT delivery approach where it is necessary, including skills, structure and spending priorities
• Enabling, supporting and setting direction to the Emerging Technology Team
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate must possess the following skills/experience:
• An effective communicator used to explaining complex concepts in an effective and engaging way
• Previous experience within software architecture
• Experience working with projects/programmes of significant size ideally within Banking, Capital Markets and/or Insurance sectors
• Consultancy background or equivalent experience in change and transformation project environment.
• Strong stakeholder management experience including managing and influencing senior stakeholders up to CxO level
• Previous line management experience as well as managing offshore and 3rd party resource
• Sound knowledge of project planning and control techniques as well as demonstrable experience of budget and resource allocation responsibility
This role is paying up to £90,000 per annum (depending on experience) with a car allowance, 30 days annual leave, non-contributory pension and an executive bonus scheme on top.
You should also possess one of more of the following certifications: TOGAF, Prince2, APM, ITIL, Six Sigma, Lean, Agile