To work on a number of supplier contracts and support the department in all other Wayleave or general practice work.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES OR MAIN TASKS
1. Undertake inspections of a variety of different property types across the area and measure in accordance with RICS guidelines.
2. Provide written inspection and valuation reports to go to clients, in accordance with relevant guidelines and legislation.
3. Undertake the marketing of properties, preparing full detailed sales particulars.
4. Prepare marketing briefs for Clients.
5. Conduct negotiations and agree Heads of Terms.
6. Prepare solicitor packs and see sites through to legal completion.
7. Prepare regular spreadsheets suitable to go to clients and attend face to face client meetings.
8. Be prepared to work occasionally from Clients offices.
9. Undertake Rent Reviews and Lease Renewals.
10.Ideally have property management knowledge and experience.
11.Assist in the preparation of RICS Red Book Valuations.
12.Acquire Wayleave/Consents for Utility Companies.
13.Submit S37 Applications to DECC or similar.
14.Prepare & negotiate land compensation claims.
15.In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO9001 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the current Babcock International Group:
• Health and Safety policy
• Quality Policy
• Environmental Policy
16.To work within established Company policies and procedures.
17.Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos.
18.Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement.
19.To demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
20.Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business.
21.To carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
• Preparation and delivery of contract submissions in a competent and professional manner in compliance with agreed timescales.
• Client satisfaction is achieved during and on completion of all contracts by delivery to specification and agreed timescales.
• Ensure all projects under their direct supervision are completed to the agreed contract allowable.
• All work is undertaken in accordance with safety procedures and relevant legislation.
• 3 year’s relevant experience or more in a similar role
• Be MRICS qualified or working towards professional qualification.
• Educated to degree or diploma standard
• RICS qualification
1. Business and Personal Competencies
• IT Literate
• Prepare reports and interpret Databases/Spreadsheets
• Negotiation skills
• Excellent people and communication skills
• Supervisory skills
• Estate Agency Law & Legislation
• Landlord & Tenant Act
• Knowledge of the property/wayleave/valuations markets.
• Microsoft Office
• Experience of carrying out a surveying role in a professional environment
• Experience of disposing and acquiring property
• Experience of valuations
• Experience of Rent Reviews / Lease Renewals
• Property Management
• Valid UK Driving Licence
• Business Focus
o Is focused on analysing, developing and implementing best practice in order to provide effective support to the business and strategic development of the business as a whole.
o Understands the need to introduce best practice and a continuous improvement culture. Can outline a vision of what such an environment would be like.
o Understands how the Company works and its objectives. Has knowledge of strategies, practices and systems within own area of expertise, and understands the cross-functional interaction within the business.
Planning and Organising
• Adopt a vigorous approach to decision making:
o analyses and assesses information
o generates decisions
o takes into account impact of possible action within the company
• Change Leadership
• Able to be part of a motivated and results focused team with a culture of trust, teamwork, continuous improvement and customer focus. Adopts a structured and well thought out approach to achieving this.
• Able to persuade, motivate and coach, both within and outside own team.
• Seek views of others, listen well, builds consensus.
• Has the credibility, knowledge and communicative skills to make an effective contribution to meetings and discussions within and outside function.
• Come up with new and imaginative ideas, identifies fresh approaches, breaks away from tradition.
• Personal Drive
• Personally committed to the success of the Company.
• Not afraid to challenge the status quo in pursuit of business excellence.
• Achievement orientated - adopts thoughtful, determined approach in pursuit of goals.
• Has a 'can do/will-do' attitude.