Competitive & Benefits
Date when vacancy closes
19 Apr 2017
Area of Expertise
We're an iconic brand - but we're constantly evolving and have our sights set on the future. Our innovative product ranges are the key to our success. Marketing them to our customers in a clear and compelling way will be down to you.
The originality of our food and fashion campaigns helps us build our brand and capture the imaginations of customers old and new. Creating them means working with various teams and a roster of agencies to deliver a consistent customer journey from home to store every month.
We're looking for a talented Brand & Marketing Manager to join us on a part-time basis, in order to deliver the end-to-end customer communication and journey for the annual M & S Christmas Campaign, at both a masterbrand level and for the Clothing & Home business. Our ideal candidate will have either a retail or a FMCG background, with a strong background in campaign work.
- Working collaboratively with our agencies, M & S in-house content team, product business units, and all marketing channel experts, manage the strategy and delivery of the end-to-end customer journey for Christmas, including:
- Packaging and in-store POS
- Online customer journey, mobile and digital experience
- Digital marketing, social media and activation
- ATL creative advertising
- CRM and direct comms
- Service and customer experience proposition
- Christmas gift shop proposition
- Deliver compelling customer journeys across all touchpoints on time and in full, coordinating with digital, visual merchandising and the content & media centres of excellence.
- Lead on developing the integrated critical path and workplan for the campaign, including all production plans.
- Manage the 18-month marketing planning process for the Christmas season, liaising with all relevant parts of the business, and deliver the cross functional seasonal PIR.
- Support the management of budgets and work with the content and media centres of excellence to maximise ROI
- Support the development of the brand and communications strategy for Christmas, including commercial and brand KPIs
- Development of level C & B team members
- Be the voice of the customer ensuring customer-focused plans and executions across all touchpoints
- In-depth experience of advertising campaign strategy, creative development, and execution, ideally in a large retail, consumer goods, or agency environment
- Proven stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Proven creative judgement & brand management
- Commercial acumen
- Digital mindset, including knowledge of various platforms and tools
- Experience with analysing customer insight and research an asset
- Strategic thinker
- Flexibility, forward thinking, agile
- Strong project management skills
Key relationships and stakeholders:
- Marketing Leadership team
- Media and content centres of excellence
- M & S.com
- Space planning, Store Communication & Retail
- Store design
- External creative, media and PR agencies
- Other external stakeholders