Competitive + Benefits
Date when vacancy closes
31 May 2017
Area of Expertise
Background to vacancy/ What is the purpose of the job? What do you need to achieve?
Getting the right products to the right places at the right time may sound straightforward. However, when you're doing this for M & S, one of Britain's biggest retailers with an ever-growing dotcom business, it involves a massive behind-the-scenes operation and some of the most advance technologies in the industry. Our Castle Donington Distribution Centre plays a vital part in M & S ability to deliver what our customers want when they need it - and you'll be right at the heart of it.
We are excited to have an opportunity for an experienced OE practitioner. Working within a small team, you'll play a critical role in the delivery and hands on application of our Operational Excellence strategy, focusing specifically on projects to drive Quality, Cost and Service with a focus on Standardised Work, problem solving and Engineering.
We are looking for a self-starter with strong influencing and communication skills who can drive the application of our OE approach and ways of working throughout the Castle Donington distribution centre to make it a way of life for us all.
Your accountabilities will include
- Working closely with operational and engineering managers to support and influence their understanding and implementation of OE principles, tools and approach
- Support and drive improvement projects that have a measurable impact on business performance
- Support the development of robust, quantifiable processes to embed OE approach, such that it becomes business as usual and is sustained
- Consistently apply the communication and engagement strategy to paint our journey for all to see
- Ensure that the OE approach is delivered as part of a safe & legal working environment for all on site; act as a role model
- Drive an In Touch' with customer's approach, driving our service proposition with a quality mind set
Technical skills/business skills required
Ideally your skills and experience will include
- Proven practical experience of Lean, Continuous Improvement (CI) or OE from a retail, logistics or manufacturing background
- Proven practical experience of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) from a manufacturing or similar background
- Ability to build effective relationships to engage and influence key stakeholders in successful delivery of OE approach
- Be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of OE / Lean tools and methodology
- Proven track record in implementing OE approach and tools into an operational area and sustaining it