Job Reference: J215-SYS-20687
Employer:BMI HealthcareDepartment:TheatresLocation:Great MissendenSalary:Competitive
BMI Chiltern Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Ophthamic department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
* Strong Opthalmic experience required
* ILS desirable
* PILS desirable
* Mentorship qualification desirable
* Car driver desireable
Duties of this role include:
* Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
* Assist in the delivery of patient care
* Contribute to quality improvement
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
* To assist the Senior Ophthalmic practitioner and occasionally deputising in absence of the senior
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
Independent sector employer - BMI Healthcare employment terms and conditions apply.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement.
Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks For Overseas Applicants
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Apply for this job
Job Type:PermanentPay Scheme:Agenda for changePay Band:6Staff Group:Nursing & Midwifery RegisteredSpecialty/Function:Ophthalmology
Read this before applying
* Job Description & Person Specification (193 KB)
Apply for this jobClosing Date:24/07/2017
* None Available
* None Available
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.