Job Reference: 201-17-473-A
Employer:Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustDepartment:Lamorna Ward TeamLocation:Camborne-Redruth Community Hospital, RedruthSalary:22,128 - 28,746 pa / pro rata
Thank you for your interest in working for Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Any general recruitment queries, please contact our recruitment team on 01726 873230. All correspondance regarding your application is emailed from the TRAC recruitment system so please bear this in mind when waiting for notifications regarding the progress of your application.
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust prides itself in striving to be an employer of choice.
Our Trust objectives are:
* To deliver high quality care, safe and accessible services.
* To maximise the potential of our workforce to deliver high quality care to patients
* To achieve best value and ensure the Trust is sustainable and financially sound into the future
* To diversify and develop services that meet commissioner and service user needs and expectations
* To improve health and wellbeing by working in partnership to create life opportunities for our clients
Cornwall Community Hospitals offer any registered nurse the opportunity to participate in nurse-led care and make contributions to a variety of care pathways. (e.g. palliative care, medical, surgical and orthopaedic cases).
Patients are received from the acute provider or from their own homes, and often require the skills and knowledge of a competent practitioner, utilising evidence-based practice.
We need enthusiastic, highly motivated individuals who are able to work well within a team and on their own initiative.
We want you to join our team and strive to deliver care closer to home, in a patient-centered approach. You must possess excellent communication skills, be a team player and have a genuine interest in the care of elderly patients. Experience in MIU care with the relevant qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
Cornwall is an excellent place to live with good schools, a relaxed quality of life and excellent sporting opportunities, all set within stunning countryside and surrounded by a beautiful coastline.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Matron Lynda McHale, Helston Community Hospital, Meneage Road, Helston, Cornwall TR13 8DR Tel: 01326 430202 Mobile: 07825732251 Email: Lyndamchale@nhs.net
To achieve our Trust objectives, we prioritise the development of our staff. To support this, the following opportunities are available:
* Protected CPD time for registered staff
* Access to a dedicated central development fund to support CPD for all staff
* Leadership and Management development programmes
* Coaching and mentoring opportunities
* A full clinical induction programme for essential operational skills
* Access to a care certificate programme for our band 1-4 clinical staff
* A bespoke and robust preceptorship programme to support newly qualified staff
* Individual professional development programmes
Being part of successful NHS Foundation Trust also brings a portfolio of rewards and benefits for our staff. These include:
* Free access to individual RCNi portfolios to support revalidation for nursing staff
* Free DBS checks where required
* Discounts available from retailers, UK hotels and main attractions - often up to 15% savings
* NHS Pension Scheme
* Salary sacrifice car scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Multiple flexible working options
The Trust reserves the right to close this advert once a sufficient number of applications have been submitted. It is encouraged that you complete the application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
If you are successful at the shortlisting stage of the recruitment process you will be contacted via NHS jobs website regarding interview details.
We are committed to diversity and equality of employment including the employment of current and former service users. We promote flexible working.
Please note that if you are successful you agree to Occupational Health Department accessing your occupational health records from your current or previous employer to check the status of your inoculations and screening tests. In addition appointments are subject to previous three years satisfactory references therefore please ensure you include correct contact details for your nominated referees including email addresses.Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Apply for this job
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:Full-time or part-time hours availablePay Scheme:Agenda for changePay Band:5Staff Group:Nursing & Midwifery RegisteredSpecialty/Function:Adult Community Services
Read this before applying
* Job Description & Person Specification (526 KB)
* Risk Assessment (46 KB)
Apply for this jobClosing Date:26/09/2017
* Childcare Leaflet
* Recruitment Complaints Policy
* Autism support
* Applicants Guide to completeing the DBS application
* Trust Values Leaflet
* Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
* NHS Discounts
* Cornwall Tourist Board
* This is Cornwall
* Cornwall County Council
* Health Visitor Testimonials
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.